I have worked on my own development for many years, and worked with and taught others to do the same. Part of this process is spiritual growth, a huge part of it is understanding and working with our own energy, and a smaller aspect, and the result, can be the ability to speak with spirits.
However – do not expect to be able to speak with spirits overnight. It can take many months or years before you are able to demonstrate this ability.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING A OUIJA BOARD TO SPEAK WITH SPIRITS
Here is a check list of things you need to learn, work through and continually develop if you really wish to speak with spirits. I have included a brief description and where possible a link to further articles about the subject.
- Right Here, Right Now! This is about setting aside a space and time where you let it be known that you are working on your spiritual and psychic development. It is a way of saying, ‘OK, I’m stepping out of my physical world and reality and am ready to work psychically’. Ideally set aside a couple of hours each week- preferably at the same time, and in the same space. This will also help if you are a natural psychic or medium and have problems with controlling when you receive information. If ‘they’ know you’re only ‘available’ at certain times you can get on with everyday things without being interrupted. No-one wants to speak with spirits when they’re working out, or on the school run!
- Stay Safe: Before you do any kind of energetic, psychic or mediumistic work you MUST learn how to put psychic or energetic protection in place.
- Stay Safe part 2: While psychic protection is essential and will help to ensure you are working in a safe and controlled way, it is also important that you learn to Close & Ground. This is done at the end of any work of this nature and is away of saying ‘Right, I’m off back to my real, physical world, I’m shutting down, and you guys can’t follow me. See you next time’.
- Chill Man! Meditation is the number one tool that is freely available to you that will make the biggest difference in your development and spiritual journey. You need to be able to get into an altered state of consciousness easily and safely and regular meditation will help with this. It is also the best way to contact your spirit guides too.
- Contacting Your Spirit Guides: Not absolutely essential for every medium but the majority of people who speak with spirits will do so through their spirit guide. They are like the mediums of the spirit world helping us to speak with spirits on their side. Spirit guides also ensure that any negative energy is kept away from you while you work.
- Channelling Energy: Getting to grips with ‘universal life force’ or ‘psychic energy’ is essential, it helps you to control your own energy and learn to channel more of it which will assist you in your development.
- Dowsing: This is a very simple way to, fairly quickly, see your skills develop and learn how you can tap in to universal or psychic energy. It shouldn’t be the ‘be all and end all’ of your psychic skills but it’s certainly a good skill to develop, especially in the early days. It can help to give you confidence in your abilities in the early days.
- See How It’s Done: Visit a Spiritualist Church and watch some live demonstrations so you can see how it’s done. They may also run some circles or workshops that you could take part in.
- Get Together: Find a group, course, workshops or a development circle. Or start your own with friends of like mind.
- Rinse & Repeat: Work, work, practice, practice, work some more, practice some more, keep working, keep practicing.There is no quick-fix with this kind of thing. It can seem frustrating but you will improve. Keeping a journal will you to track your progress.